Updated: Feb 4, 2020
#BackToSchoolSnacks. With school just around the corner, I thought I'd share with you guys what are my go-to snacks when I'm running late for school, sports, or work. These range from having a sweet tooth, to wanting savory, or just healthy! In addition, most are super affordable and from Trader Joes!! Enjoy!!
1) Larabar— These are a nutbar so, just be careful if you are allergic like I am. The only bar I am able to have is the peanut butter one and that one is wicked good!! These bars have simple ingredients in them and are a great grab & go snack!
2) Annie’s Fruit Snacks & Graham Crackers— Makes you feel like a child again, but in a good way. Super delicious snacks and all their ingredients are organic!
3) Fruit Leather— Delicious and easy snack to bring everywhere. There are so many different brands that I have tried for fruit leathers and my favorite ones are from Trader Joes! (Their only $0.89!)
4) Goldfish— Quick and easy snack, tons of flavors for your sweet and savory tastebuds.
5) Harvest Snap Peas—The first ingredient is peas!! So many amazing flavors to try, I haven't found a bad one, but my favorite one is the caesar. They are crunchy and delicious! They are also a great substitute for chips!
6) Dried Fruit— Trader Joes has the best dried ever! So many options: pineapple, mango, strawberries, blueberries, and much more! I specifically like the freeze-dried ones. Also, another great brand of dried fruit I like is Crispy Green!! Perfect serving size pouches and only one ingredient!!
7) Granola Bars— There are so many amazing options out there for granola bars, but some of my favorites are Quaker bars (all of them!!), Nature Valley (crunchy with honey= excellent!), and Made Good (chocolate chip ones are my favorite).
8) Beet Chips— My two favorite brands for beet chips are Terra and Good Thins. The Terra ones are on the pricey side, but definitely worth it while, the Good Thins are cheaper, but they do contain balsamic vinegarette and sea salt. Personally, these are my favorite because I love anything with vinegarette.
9) Luna Bars—Worlds Best Bars!! So many flavors, taste super good and very reasonable!
10) Nature Valley Granola Cups—They are like a healthier peanut butter cup, super good, perfect amount of peanut butter and chocolate!
11) Applesauce Pouches—A great grab and go snack! Healthy, many flavors, and mess free!
12) Made Good Snacks— By far my favorite brand of snacks. They are free of tree nuts, peanuts, shellfish, gluten, and much more!! Also, they contain a serving of vegetables! Wicked good and healthy!!!
13) Crunchy Chickpeas—I absolutely love the ones from Trader Joes!! The ranch flavored ones are sooo good! A perfect light weight snack and taste great. Now, if you do not like ranch, they have many other brands out there that are doing the same thing. I know that they chocolate covered chickpeas, honey BBQ, sea salt, and much more!!
14) Synder Pretzel Pieces—These pretzels are my guilty addiction! I could eat the whole bag if I wanted to, but I do limit myself. In my opinion, I think the best flavor is honey mustard! Super good and many excellent flavors for your sweet and salty side!
15) Frozen Chocolate Bananas—A great frozen treat containing potassium and chocolate! Simply, refreshing, and delicious!
16) Peanut Butter Pretzels—A classic childhood favorite! Can‘t go wrong with this combination!
17) Plantains— I love the ones from Trader Joe’s!! Super yummy, but I have discovered another brand of plantains that has other flavors, like salt and vinegar and Brazilian barbecue—> these are wicked good and one of my favorites!
18) Churro Bites—Feel free to splurge on yourself once in a while. These are sold at Trader Joe’s and taste exactly like churros!! Definitely try it!!
19) White Cheddar Corn Puffs—Almost like pirates booty, but only better. First of all trader joe, second better ingredients and third light and airy snack!!
20) Baked Cheese Crunchies— Like Cheetos, but better—> Trader joes (I could say I’m addicted to trader joes, but I’ll just say I love them!) Anyways, less fattening, less cheesier, and less messy, but overall wicked good!!